May 26, 2020
Parents & Guardians:
hope this message finds you and your families well and that you enjoyed the
end of the 2019-2020 school year has been unique for students, teachers, staff,
and parents/guardians. While we have not been able to support in-person
learning in the classroom, teachers and staff have done an exceptional job
providing online learning and extra support for students and families.
Wednesday, May 27, the district will be sending a survey to parents/guardians
regarding the online learning experience. Your participation is encouraged as
we continue striving to improve resources, communication,
and satisfaction throughout the District. The survey will be open through
Thursday, June 4.
Surveys will be sent out via email to each building
(Preschool/Goldwood Primary School, Kensington Intermediate School, Rocky River
Middle School, Rocky River High School), and families will be able to fill out
multiple surveys if they have children at different buildings throughout the
district. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Here are today’s updates.
- This week is the final week of new
instruction. The last week of school (June 1-4) will be used for the completion
of instruction, online meetings with students to provide additional academic
support, completion of assignments, and to allow teachers a chance to plan fun
virtual activities for their classes.
- For grades K-5, assignments will continue to be posted to each teacher’s Google Classroom. This is noted on the Goldwood Primary School and Kensington Intermediate School websites.
- For grades 6-12, each teacher’s assignments will continue to appear in the location where they normally post. A master list of these locations can be found on the Rocky River Middle School and Rocky River High School websites.
- Please make sure students are checking each teacher’s locations daily for assignments.
- If you have questions regarding assignments, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
Lunches for the Week of June 1-5
- The Nutrition Services
team will offer boxed lunches for students in grades K-12 next week (June 1-5).
If you are interested in ordering lunches for your child(ren), please fill out
this form. The form will need to be filled out more than once if you are requesting lunches for more than one child.
- All orders must be submitted by 6:00pm on
Sunday, May 31.
- Drive through pick-up will be on Monday, June
1, between 11:30am-12:30pm at Rocky River Middle School.
- This will be the final week of lunch
distribution. A list of summer feeding sites throughout Ohio will be shared
- Thank you to Nutrition Services Supervisor
Tina Wasserbauer and her staff for providing this service to families during
the extended school closure.
Materials Drop-off and Pick-up
- We will be providing students and families an
opportunity to pick up items from their respective schools and also drop off
any district-owned materials at the conclusion of the 2019-2020 school year.
- The district administrative team has worked
closely with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health on these plans to implement
measures and make this process safe and efficient for students, staff, and families.
- To view the complete schedule for drop-off and
pick-up at each school, please click here.
- If you
have any questions regarding this process, please contact the building
Special Education Services
- Special education services for students will
continue through the last day of school.
- Online service delivery aligned with each
students' identified needs continues and will continue through the last day of
- Related services and therapies are also being
provided via distance learning.
- If you have questions regarding assignments or
workload please contact your child's case manager.
Rocky River Middle School Principal’s Award Ceremony
- The Rocky River Middle School Principal’s Award Ceremony will take place virtually on Thursday, May 28.
- A video announcing this year’s 19 recipients of the prestigious award will be posted to the district and RRMS websites on Thursday afternoon.
- The award is given to students who earn all A’s during the time they were instructed at Rocky River Middle School.
Rocky River High School Band
Memorial Day Tribute
- The Rocky River High School Band posted a
Memorial Day video tribute on Monday.
- Thank you to band director Mike Komperda and
the RRHS students who worked to put this tribute together.
- Please click here to watch the tribute
- Please click here to visit our FAQ website. If you have a question regarding the extended school closure and COVID-19, please click here to submit it. Here are recent questions we
When and how will students receive
in grades K-11 will receive their yearbooks in the fall. Yearbooks will be
mailed to all graduating seniors.
you for your continued support of the Rocky River City School District.
Michael G. Shoaf