While I know
this spring break is different than what you expected, I hope you have been
able to spend time with your families and create some unique memories over the
last few days and in the days ahead. The pandemic has had an effect on everyone
in different ways and I encourage you to take this time to regroup and
As I reflect
on the last month, I am thankful for the support and patience that our students
and parents/guardians have continued to show during the shift to online
learning. I am proud of the efforts and work from our administrators, teachers,
and staff who have remained committed to supporting our students and families
through engaged online learning and support services, assisting with technology
needs, and distributing hundreds of meals on a weekly basis.
Here are a
few updates for today.
- Spring break will run through April 19.
- During this time, there will be no assignments
or online instruction.
- Online instruction will resume on Monday,
Lunches for the Week of April 20-24
- The Nutrition Services team will offer boxed
lunches for students in grades K-12 next week (April 20-24). If you are
interested in ordering lunches for your child(ren), please fill out this form. The form will need to be filled out more
than once if you are requesting lunches for more than one child.
- All orders must be submitted by 11:59pm on
Sunday, April 19.
- Drive through pick-up will be on Monday, April
20, between 11:30am-12:30pm at Rocky River Middle School.
- As a
reminder, parents/guardians may fill out an application for free or
reduced lunch (RRHS/RRMS) and free milk (GPS/KIS) at any time. For
immediate processing please use the secure
site. Applications will be processed during the extended school closure and the
benefits will carry through the end of the year. These benefits will also cover
meals we are serving during the extended school closure. If you have any
questions about this, please email Nutrition Services Supervisor Tina
Wasserbauer ([email protected]).
- The College Board has made adjustments to this year’s AP testing process and schedule in compliance with the Stay at Home order and while schools are closed.
- On Thursday, April 16, from 7:00pm-8:00pm, Trevor Packer, Senior Vice President of AP and Instruction, will be hosting a webinar for parents/guardians to share information about this year’s at-home AP Exams and how to help your student prepare.
- The webinar will go into detail about the
online exams and format, how to prepare at home for them, and answer common
questions parents and students may have. We encourage parents and their AP
students to sit in on this webinar together.
- If you are a parent/guardian of an AP student,
you can register for the webinar here. A recording of the webinar will be available
via the registration link after the live event.
- Please click here for more information about this year’s AP Exams.
Extended School Closure and Facilities
- Governor DeWine’s Stay at Home order and Extended School Closure are both in effect until May 1.
- During this time, all RRCSD buildings and
facilities will be closed and there will be no school or school-sponsored
athletics, activities, or meetings.
- The RRCSD will continue to follow the Governor’s directives regarding closing and opening of school until the end of our school calendar.
- If you have not done so already, we would like
to encourage you to complete your 2020 Census online at www.my2020census.gov or by phone at 1-844-330-2020.
- You must have your Census ID, which was mailed
to each household by the U.S. Census Bureau. If you prefer to complete a paper
Census, they will be mailed out this month to those who have not yet responded.
- The 2020 Census aims to count every individual
in the United States, including children. The data collected impacts many
aspects of our community, including programs and services that are critical for
schools and students.
COVID-19 Information Website and FAQs
- Please continue to visit the district COVID-19 webpage that includes recent communications,
information, and resources for parents and families.
We will continue
to keep you updated with communications from the district on Tuesdays and
Fridays unless there is important information to share. In the meantime, please
continue to take care of yourself and your families and remain safe and