February 28, 2020
health, safety and welfare of our students and staff remain the
paramount priorities of the Rocky River City School District (RRCSD).
When making school-related decisions surrounding Coronavirus Disease
2019 (COVID-19), or any matter of public health, including school
closure, cleaning protocol, and other recommendations, the RRCSD will always turn
to the guidelines and recommendations of the National Centers for
Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention and, by extension, our county
Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Fact Sheet
Information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention on COVID-19:
To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19 and flu, follow these important tips:
- Stay home when you are sick. Please be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap
and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe
symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional
Attendance lines to call if your child will be out sick:
- Beach Preschool: 440-356-5200
- Goldwood Primary School: 440-356-6730
- Kensington Intermediate School: 440-356-6040
- Rocky River Middle School: 440-356-6873
- Rocky River High School: 440-356-6020
Thank you for your continued support of the Rocky River City School District.
Dr. Michael G. Shoaf