May 1, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians:
I hope this message finds you and your families well. On Thursday, Governor DeWine extended the Stay Safe Ohio Order
until May 29. I encourage you to continue your efforts to keep you,
your families, and the Rocky River community safe by adhering to all
COVID-19 protocols, including proper social distancing, avoiding group
gatherings, and staying home when you can.
know this is not an easy time for parents/guardians and we thank you
for helping your children stay connected to teachers and staff. We are
here to do everything we can to support engaged learning and provide
social and emotional support.
week, the RRCSD counseling staff put together a short video to thank
parents/guardians for their support during this time and remind you that
they are only an email, phone call, or Zoom call away. Please click here to watch their video message.
Here are today’s updates.
Week in Review Video
- Please click here
to watch the Week in Review video, which includes highlights from
#RrSchoolsVirtualSpiritWeek, a National History Day award for two RRHS
seniors, and a salute to some of our seniors at RRHS. We will continue
to feature more RRHS seniors and their future plans in the weeks to
- Online learning will continue on Monday, May 4.
- For grades K-5, assignments will continue to be posted to each teacher’s Google Classroom. This is noted on the Goldwood Primary School and Kensington Intermediate School websites.
- For grades 6-12, each teacher’s assignments will continue to appear in the location where they normally post. A master list of these locations can be found on the Rocky River Middle School and Rocky River High School websites.
- Please make sure students are checking each teacher’s locations daily for assignments.
- If you have questions regarding assignments, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
Lunches for the Week of May 4-8
Nutrition Services team will offer boxed lunches for students in grades
K-12 next week (May 4-8). If you are interested in ordering lunches for
your child(ren), please fill out this form. The form will need to be filled out more than once if you are requesting lunches for more than one child.
- All orders must be submitted by 6:00pm on Sunday, May 3.
- Drive through pick-up will be on Monday, May 4, between 11:30am-12:30pm at Rocky River Middle School.
a reminder, parents/guardians may fill out an application for free or
reduced lunch (RRHS/RRMS) and free milk (GPS/KIS) at any time. For
immediate processing, please use the secure lunchapp.com
web site. Applications will be processed during the extended school
closure and the benefits will carry through the end of the year. These
benefits will also cover meals we are serving during the extended school
closure. If you have any questions about this, please email Nutrition
Services Supervisor Tina Wasserbauer ([email protected]).
RRHS Student Government Applications for 2020-2021 School Year
River High School will conduct student government elections digitally
for the 2020-2021 school year. Students who are interested in running
for a position in student government should read the following documents
with information on guidelines and responsibilities to be a Class
Officer or Student Council Representative.
reading the guidelines and responsibilities, students who are
interested in running for a position are encouraged to fill out the
following applications. All applications must be submitted by May 19 and
voting will begin on May 20.
RRHS Pom and Flag Auditions for 2020-2021 School Year
- Auditions for the 2020-21 squads will be held electronically via video auditions this year.
you are interested in trying out, please look over all of the
information about the squad and auditions by visiting the Marching Band
page of the RRHS Band website here.
- If you are interested in Poms, you must sign up by Friday, May 8th with audition videos due by Friday, May 15th.
- If you are interested in Flags, you must sign up by Friday, May 15th with audition videos due by Friday, May 22nd (please note you will not actually need a flag for this audition, as we cannot get one to each person auditioning.)
- If you have any questions, please contact RRHS Band Director, Mr. Komperda ([email protected]) or Pom & Flag Advisor, Mrs. Lewis ([email protected]).
- The RRCSD will continue #RrSchoolsVirtualSpiritWeek next week.
- To see the daily themes for next week, please click here.
- Please click here to visit our FAQ website. If you have a question regarding the extended school closure and COVID-19, please click here to submit it. Listed below are recent questions we have received.
the curriculum for half day and all day kindergarten are the same, I am
inquiring as to the process to receive a prorated refund for all day
A pro-rated refund is being considered at this time and will be
dependent on final expenditures incurred for the program. Information
will be shared as soon as possible.
- Please continue to visit the district COVID-19 webpage for updates, including the latest communications, information, and resources for parents/guardians.
specialist Amy Alison provided these brief behavioral commercials this
week for parents/guardians with ideas to help during the extended school
Thank you for your continued support of the Rocky River City School District.
Dr. Michael G. Shoaf