March 1, 2020
When making school-related decisions surrounding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), or any matter of public health, including school closure, cleaning protocol, and other recommendations, the Rocky River City School District (RRCSD) will always turn to the guidelines and recommendations of the National Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and, by extension, our county health department.
Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Fact Sheet
Information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention on COVID-19:
To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19 and flu, follow these important tips:
- Stay home when you are sick. Please be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Attendance lines to call if your child will be out sick:
- Beach Preschool: 440-356-5200
- Goldwood Primary School: 440-356-6730
- Kensington Intermediate School: 440-356-6040
- Rocky River Middle School: 440-356-6873
- Rocky River High School: 440-356-6020
Best wishes for continued educational
Michael G. Shoaf