MOST RECENT COMMUNICATION
March 31, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians:
On Monday, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced that the Extended School Closure due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) will extend through Friday, May 1, 2020. Based on that announcement, I wanted to share some district updates.
Instruction on New Material & Assignments
- Instruction on new material will begin Monday, April 6. New instruction will include Zoom meetings.
- For grades K-5, assignments will be posted to each teacher’s Google Classroom.
- For grades 6-12, each teacher’s assignments will continue to appear in the location where they normally post. A master list of these locations can be found on the Rocky River Middle School and Rocky River High School websites.
- Students will need to check each teacher’s location daily for assignments.
- Please be in contact with teachers regarding instruction/content needs for your children.
- As a reminder to students and parents/guardians, during any and all virtual instruction, established classroom rules and the Rocky River City School District Student Code of Conduct are in full effect. This relates to virtual meetings and electronic communications with teachers and staff.
RRCSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Website
- The RRCSD has a comprehensive website to provide a listing of resources and support services that are available to assist students and families during the extended school closure.
RRCSD Buildings and Facilities
- All RRCSD buildings and facilities will be closed through Friday, May 1, 2020.
- During this time, there will be no school or school-sponsored athletics, activities, or meetings.
- The RRCSD will continue to follow the established 2019-2020 school-year calendar with spring break from April 10-17.
- There will be no assignments posted during the week of spring break.
Extended School Closure Lunch Plans
- The Nutrition Services Department will continue to offer boxed lunches for students in Grades K-12 during the extended school closure on a weekly basis. If interested, please fill out this form to order your lunches.
- The form will need to be filled out on a weekly basis.
- The first set of lunches will be for the week of April 6-10 and all orders must be submitted by 11:59pm on Sunday, April 5. Drive through pick-up will be on Monday, April 6, between 11:30am-12:30pm at Rocky River Middle School.
- Lunches will also be available for the following weeks:
- April 13-17
- Order form will be available starting Tuesday, April 7
- Orders must be submitted by Sunday, April 12 at 11:59pm
- Pick-up will be on Monday, April 13, at RRMS between 11:30am-12:30pm
- April 20-24
- Order form will be available starting Tuesday, April 14
- Orders must be submitted by Sunday, April 19 at 11:59pm
- Pick-up will be on Monday, April 20, at RRMS between 11:30am-12:30pm
- April 27-May 1
- Order form will be available starting Tuesday, April 21
- Orders must be submitted by Sunday, April 26 at 11:59pm
- Pick-up will be on Monday, April 27, at RRMS between 11:30am-12:30pm
- If you filled out the form to order lunches for weeks one, two, and three of the extended school closure, you will need to fill out the form again on a weekly basis.
- Our technology team will continue to be available and respond to any tech issues you may be experiencing.
- Please visit the Extended School Closure Trouble Ticket and our team will do its best to respond as soon as possible.
3rd Quarter Report Cards
- The last day of quarter three was March 13. Parents/guardians will be able to view quarter three report cards in ProgressBook on April 24.
Please click here to visit our FAQ website. If you have a question regarding the extended school closure and COVID-19, please click here to submit it.
Will school events such as awards ceremonies, prom, and graduation be rescheduled if they can not happen on the scheduled dates?
We are hopeful to reschedule many school events, but are waiting for further guidance on reopening schools before setting the new dates. RRHS prom has already been rescheduled from May 2, 2020, to May 29, 2020, at The Cleveland Westin. We have and will continue to do everything we can to reschedule events, but as always, the health, safety, and well-being of our students, staff, and community remains our top priority.
Will RR teachers begin teaching new material if the school closure continues beyond April 6?
Yes. Teachers will introduce new material beginning Monday, April 6.
Is there a plan in place to get individualized learning for each class beginning April 6?
Students who are on Individualized Education Plans are receiving instruction specific to their identified needs. Case managers have been in contact with families with a plan for what that looks like for their child. If you have not heard from your case manager, please contact Jennifer Norman ([email protected]).
When will assignments and grades for the fourth quarter be visible in ProgressBook?
Assignments and grades for quarter 4 are posted in ProgressBook. Click grades on the left side of the screen- then on the right side of the screen, click Q4 for quarter 4 grades.
How will state testing and assessments be handled?
State testing has been waived for the 2019-2020 school year. The Ohio Senate and House passed House Bill 197 (HB 197) on March 25, and Governor Mike DeWine signed the bill which included waiving of state testing and state report cards for this year. To view the contents of HB 197, please click here.
I hope you and your families continue to stay safe and healthy during this time and I encourage you to continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations being set by the Ohio Department of Health.
Thank you for your continued support of the Rocky River City School District.
Dr. Michael G. Shoaf
COMPLETE LIST OF COMMUNICATIONS
March 31, 2020
March 30, 2020
March 26, 2020
March 24, 2020
March 22, 2020
March 20, 2020
March 18, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 15, 2020
March 14, 2020
March 13, 2020
March 12, 2020
March 11, 2020
March 9, 2020
March 3, 2020
February 28, 2020