The College Board provides students the opportunity to pursue college-level studies while in high school and to possibly receive Advanced Placement (AP) credit upon entering college. Rocky River High School offers the following AP Courses:
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science Principles
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- French Language and Culture
- Music Theory
- Physics C Mechanics
- Research (part of the AP Capstone program)
- Seminar (part of the AP Capstone program)
- Spanish Language and Culture
- United States Government and Politics
- United States History
All AP courses receive a weighted grade (A=5.0). Students may take the AP exam without taking the course, however this situation is rare. AP exams in other areas are available to selected proficient and prepared students. See you respective counselor or Ms. Delzani, the AP coordinator, for more information.
AP exams are administered at RRHS each year in May. Registration for the exams takes place in early spring at which time the exam fee will be collected bythe AP coordinator. A fee reduction is available when a verified need exists.
For current informaion about this year's AP testing, please refer to the links and downloads in the upper right corner of this page.