PERFORMANCES WILL BE AT THE ROCKY RIVER HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM ON
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2021 & SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2021 at 7:00pm
5TH GRADERS! MC & STAGE CREW ARE JUST FOR YOU!
MC Auditions will be held on TBD in the KIS commons.
Stage crew is also open to all interested 5th graders! No audition required.
All 5th graders not chosen as MC can sign up for a performing act or stage crew.
3RD, 4TH & 5TH GRADERS! REGISTER FOR A PERFORMING ACT!
In the past, we have had singing, dancing, magic tricks, comedy/jokes, skits, gymnastics, playing musical instruments including the piano, and much, much more! Show us what you've got!
Kensington Talent Show Guidelines 2020
Please read the following information carefully for guidelines and required dates of attendance prior to registering your child.
- The show is open to all 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.
- MC (Master of Ceremonies) and STAGE CREW candidates MUST BE 5th graders.
- All 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students may perform individually or as a group act.
- Parents must register for MC or Stage Crew by December 2, 2019. See link above
- Parents must register for performing acts by January 6, 2020. See link above
PLANNING YOUR ACT:
- Please keep all acts G Rated! Lyrics, costumes and performances should be appropriate for all ages.
- Music and performances will be screened at auditions.
- All acts are limited to a max of 2 minutes. No exceptions.
- All equipment needs to be provided by the student(s) including, but not limited to mats, props, etc.
If your act requires a recorded accompanying music, it must be provided BEFORE the audition.
See details on music listed below.
AUDITIONS AND REHEARSALS:
- Auditions will be held in the Kensington Commons as follows:
3rd Graders -
4th Graders -
5th Graders -
- Dress Rehearsals and Talent Show Performance will be held at the Rocky River High School Auditorium.
- Students will be divided into 2 equal casts, CAST A and CAST B. We do this to provide variety in the show and to make sure the time frame stays within 2 hours.
- Students MUST be at the dress rehearsal in order participate in the talent show.
Cast A Friday 2/5 performance has Wednesday 2/3 dress rehearsal
Cast B Saturday 2/6 performance has Thursday 2/4 dress rehearsal
- Stage Crew MUST attend an orientation on Tuesday 2/2
- Students only need to attend their designated audition, dress rehearsal, and performance.
- If your act requires recorded accompanying music, please submit it as outlined below. This makes the audition process go smoothly for all involved.
- Find the song on YouTube and forward it to Sean Walsh at [email protected]
- List the NAME OF THE SONG, ARTIST, AND SPECIAL VERSION (if applicable)
- List the time to start and stop the music - 2 minute maximum time from start to end.
- OR - please email Sean Walsh directly if you need help
- MORE INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT AUDITIONS ABOUT:
Times for dress rehearsals. DVDs, T-shirts, flowers, and program dedications
Stacey Robinson: [email protected]
Tricia Pensom: [email protected]