It's so important to help kids maintain a positive frame of mind when they make a transition. Parents can do this as students return to the typical school year by asking questions about their child's day. When questions are framed positively, kids often respond positively, This creates a focus on "what was good" today and helps kids review their day. Here are a few sample questions:
- What made you smile today?
- Tell me something that you did today that made you happy.
- How did you help a friend/ your teacher today?
- Tell me one thing that you really worked hard on today.
- We all make mistakes. Tell me one thing that you learned from a mistake today.
- What did you play at recess?