The Rocky River City School District (RRCSD) is working closely with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health (CCBH) to plan for a safe school year. Part of this planning includes the steps we take when we learn someone in our school community tests positive for COVID-19.
This chart (linked here) details confirmed and suspected cases of COVID-19.
When CCBH confirms that a student or staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, each case is interviewed by public health. As part of this public health investigation:
- The person diagnosed is being kept home from school until they are no longer infectious.
- The person’s activities when they could have spread COVID-19 will be assessed.
- The people who were close contacts of the person with COVID-19 will be instructed to stay home from school for 14 days after the exposure. This is called quarantine.
If CCBH contacts you as part of a COVID-19 investigation, please cooperate fully to ensure the safety and health of our entire community. It is also important that we show kindness and understanding to those who may be identified as a case of COVID-19 or as a close contact.
- Review the Coronavirus Self-Checker.
- Continue to keep your child at home from school and avoid other activities around other people.
- Notify the school.
- Seek medical care and testing for COVID-19 by contacting your family health care provider.
If you have questions or want more information about COVID-19, please visit the CCBH web site at COVID-19 School Guidance or call them Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at 216-201-2000.