April 24, 2023
ROCKY RIVER, Ohio – Several Rocky River High School students received Special Recognitions at the Board of Education Business Meeting on April 20 for their academic excellence.
The recognitions included one student who earned the National African American Recognition Award, three students who earned perfect ACT scores, seven students who were National Merit Commended Students, one student who was a National Merit Semifinalist and eight students who received National Merit Finalist honors.
In all, 20 students received Special Recognitions. They are as follows:
- Resolution to Recognize National African American Recognition Award (NAARA): Seth Eaton
- Resolution to Recognize Perfect ACT Score: Daniel Capka, William Coleman, and John Weixel
- Resolution to Recognize National Merit Commended Scholars: William Beach, Leonardo Bonacci, Ava Calamante, Kasey Flowers, Gianna Miller, Samantha Robertson, and Ethan Spies
- Resolution to Recognize National Merit Semifinalist: Sarah Kozlowski
- Resolution to Recognize National Merit Finalists: Sabrina Bucaro, Gregory Ganor, Ethan Hazra, Henry Kozlowski, Evan Lei, Alison Ryland, Hugo Stickney, and Morgan Way