5/3/2019, 11:21:40 AM
Volume 1 | Number 9
News, Notes & Important Dates - May 2019
- The World Language Honor Society Program took place on May 1. The El Cid Chapter Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica welcomed 24 new members. The Société Honoraire de Français inducted 10 new members and the Delta Epsilon Phi National German Honor Society welcomed seven new members.
- The Annual All Schools Band Concert was hosted on May 2. Bands from Kensington, RRMS and RRHS performed throughout the evening.
- The Goldwood/RRECC PTA Pirates & Princesses Party is on May 4 at 9:00am in the Goldwood Room.
- Broadway actor Corey Cott will present a Master Class to RRHS Drama students on May 6. At 7:30pm that evening, the students will host a community concert in the RRHS auditorium that will feature a group number with Cott. Tickets are $5.00 at the door and all students will be admitted for free.
- RRMS is conducting its annual Bike to School Challenge from May 6-24. Students are eligible to win prizes the more they bike to school. The Bike to School Challenge will conclude with an assembly on May 24 and a raffle of two new bikes, gift cards and more.
- The District Art Show begins on May 8 at 6:00pm at RRHS.
- RRHS will induct its newest National Honor Society members at a ceremony on May 16 at 8:00pm.
- The RRHS Drama Department has been nominated for seven Dazzle Awards. The awards program which recognizes outstanding musical theater productions and student performances takes place on May 18 at the Connor Palace at Playhouse Square.
- RRHS will host a Pops Concert at 7:00pm on May 21 in the auditorium, while RRMS will conduct its Pops Concert on May 23 at 7:00pm in the RRHS gym.
- Bike to School Week at Kensington is scheduled for May 20-24.
- All schools in the District will be closed on May 27 in observance of Memorial Day. The RRHS Band will participate in the Memorial Day Parade which begins at 10:00am at the high school.
- The Goldwood Poetry Night will be held on May 29 from 5:00-8:00pm in the Goldwood Room.
- The RRMS Principal’s Awards Dinner will be held on May 30 in the Commons.