A recent financial audit of the Rocky River City School District (Cuyahoga County) by Auditor of State Dave Yost’s office has returned a clean audit report. The district’s excellent record keeping has qualified it for the Auditor of State Award with Distinction.
“While a school district’s primary concern is its students, it must also remain accountable to taxpayers,” Auditor Yost said. “Accurate record keeping is clearly a priority for the Rocky River City School District, and I am proud to present it with this award.”
The Auditor of State Award with Distinction is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.