March 10, 2023
ROCKY RIVER, Ohio – The Rocky River City School District had eight teams compete at the Destination Imagination Region 16 tournament on March 4 at Beachwood High School with five teams qualifying for the state tournament which will be held on April 1 at Barberton High School.
Listed below are the five teams who qualified for the state tournament.
- Team Duck Tap finished 1st in the middle school division of the Engineering Challenge, Thrill Ride. Team members include Melia Zavagno, Eva Buehrle and Brynn Holland. Ellen Zavagno serves as the team manager.
- The Crazy Imaginators finished 1st in the Service Learning Challege, High Stakes. Fourth grade team members include Alice Schenker, Emma Boehm, Lane Rimlinger and Louisa Sabol. Wendy Hanna is the team manager.
- The Pirates finished 2nd in the elementary division of the Fine Arts Challenge, Flip the Script. Team members included Anthony Graziani, Francesca Graziani, Samuel Wolf and Angie Zamcheck. Johna and John Graziani are the team managers.
- The Couch Potatoes finished 2nd in the elementary division of the Engineering Challenge, Thrill Ride. Team members include Samuel Muzilla, Luke Barker, Charlie Jeffers, Patrick Murray and Evan Ridgeway. Jon Muzilla is the team manager.
- The Hard Working Chickens finished 3rd in the elementary division of the Engineering Challenge. Team members included Josh Jacobs, Melis Ayday, Alaina Jeffers and Theo Rin. Laura Lucarelli is the team manager.
The following teams also competed at the regional tournament.
- Team Glop the Magic Stick competed in the Fine Arts Challenge. Team members include Anna Barker, Anna Blue, Kaja McKleway and Kiili McKelway. Tiffany Barker is the team manager.
- Fantasy of Six competed in the third grade elementary Fine Arts Challenge. Team members include Kiera Barker, Bailey Barr, Vivian Farkas, Lucy Fisher, Aubrey Gurgol and Moey Sachs. Brandan Barker is the team manager.
- Apple Dreams competed in the Fine Arts Challenge. Team members include Brooklyn Barr, McKenna Heavey, Madeline Miesenzahl, Estelle Patrick, Sadie Rosen and Grace Wilson. Maggie Barr is the team manager.
Congratulations to all of the teams who competed!
Destination Imagination (DI) is a non-profit, volunteer-led, cause-driven organization. Our purpose is to inspire and equip students to become the next generation of innovators and leaders. Annually, we offer seven new standards-based Challenges in STEM, Improv, Visual Arts, Service Learning, and Early Learning. Each Challenge is open-ended and enables student teams to learn and experience the creative process from imagination to innovation.