November 30, 2022
ROCKY RIVER, Ohio - The month of November was filled with much success and highlights around the district. Here is a quick look back at a few of those highlights.
NOVEMBER 2022 HIGHLIGHTS
- #RrSchools November e-Newsletter.
- Students around the district recognized Veterans Day in a number of different ways. Goldwood students made cards for veterans at local nursing homes and Kensington students continued their tradition of lining the tree lawn in front of the school with American flags.
- RRHS Drama Department hit the stage for a successful Fall Play with the production of The Play That Goes Wrong.
- Kensington students helped spread kindness around the community with messages and decorations on Stabucks coffee sleeves. The initiative was led by the K-Kids Club.
- RRHS River’s Edge performed at the Westlake Show Choir Festival.
- The RRHS Model UN delegation competed at Case Western Reserve with senior Evan Lei receiving a gavel.
- RRMS hosted its annual Spelling Bee. Seventh grader Henry Galla was the overall winner of the 7th/8th grade division which featured 27 competitors. Galla qualified to represent RRMS at the upcoming Scripps Regional Cuyahoga County Spelling Bee, while his classmate Chase Smalley was the overall runner-up. In the 6th grade division, Hollie Tennant was the winner and Klerisa Kaceli the runner-up.
- Goldwood 1st and 2nd graders competed in their annual Spelling Bee. A total of 22 first graders competed in the day's first Spelling Bee with Charlotte Negrey winning the first grade event and George Meisenzahl finishing in second place. At the second grade level, 20 students took part in the Spelling Bee with Jonas Pinheiro claiming first place and Anna Caso finishing as the runner-up.
- Goldwood students enjoyed an assembly of The Realm of Reptiles for reaching their positive behavior goal.
- Kensington students held a Food Drive from November 14-18 with all donations benefitting the Rocky River Assistance Program.
- Beach Preschool students held its annual Turkey Trot and a Fall Family Feast for Thanksgiving.
- The RRHS girls cross country team competed at the OHSAA Division I state championship and placed 13th overall as a team, while Bri Chaves finished 16th overall.
- The RRHS sailing team finished 13th overall at the Great Lakes Championship Regatta at the Chicago Yacht Club.
- RRHS junior golfers Luke Dietrich and Nick Tianello were both named to the all-district team. Dietrich was a second team selection and Tianello was an honorable mention pick.
- A total of nine RRHS football players earned all-district honors, including first team honors for Aiden Andrako, Stan Heuler and Mack Massad.