November 1, 2022
ROCKY RIVER, Ohio – The Rocky River Early Childhood Center (RRECC) Beach Preschool continues to maintain a Five-Star Step Up To Quality (SUTQ) rating from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Participating programs can earn a one to five-star rating.
Step Up To Quality is a five–star quality rating and improvement system administered by the ODE and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. SUTQ recognizes and promotes learning and development programs that meet quality program standards that exceed preschool licensing and school age child care licensing health and safety regulations.
The RRECC received five-star ratings in each of the following rules:
- Program Rating at Beginning of Inspection
- Staff Education Administrator Education
- Professional Development Required Courses
- Staff Education Minimum Instruction Time
- Professional Development Certificate
- Staff Education OPR Profiles
- Staff Education Lead Teacher Education
Schools that earn a five-star rating go above and beyond minimum licensing standards. Star-rated programs lay the foundation for children’s learning and development and build skills that are important for success in school and in life.