Rocky River

header logo
background image
Before a student can participate in athletics, the following forms must be turned into the athletic office:
  • Current physical, signed by a doctor
  • Lindsay's Law sign-off sheet
  • Emergency medical form
  • Athletic/Activities signature form
  • Concussion information sheet
*The Emergency medical form, Athletics/Activities signature form and the Concussion information sheet are forms that are filled on on the OneView Parent Portal.  If you did the OneView portal, these forms have been filled out and do not need to be filled out again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.  I have a current physical on file with the athletic department that I turned in last season.  Do I need to turn in another one?
A.  No.  Physicals are good for one full calendar year from the date of the doctor's signature.  They are kept on file until after they expire.
Q.  Is there a way I can check the date of my child's last sports physical?
A.  Yes, please feel free to call Shannon Omahen in the athletic office at (440) 356-6800 ext 6803 or email at
Q.  My child's physical expires on this date but the doctor's appointment is not scheduled until later due to my insurance.  Is there a "grace period" between physicals?
A.  Unfortunately, no.  State law says that all student athletes are required to have a CURRENT physical on file, therefore there is no "grace period."  If you are unable to get your child into their doctor in a timely manner, sports physicals can be done at any urgent care or minute clinic for a nominal fee.
Q.  What happens if my child's physical expires mid-season?
A.  If a new physical form has not been turned in before the physical expires, your child will not be permitted to participate until a current physical is on file. 
Q.  I have my child's physical.  What should I do with it?
A.  Physicals need to be on file in the athletic department.  Your child can bring it in to Mrs. Omahen in the main office.  It can also be dropped off at the High School, mailed to 20951 Detroit Road (attn Athletics), or emailed to
Q.  What is the transportation fee and how do I pay it?
A.  The fee is $55 and will be charged seasonally.  If your child is doing two sports in a season, or a sport and Band, you will only be charged the transportation fee once.  If your child does a fall sport and a winter sport, you will be charged for each season.  Fees are added to the student fees and can be paid through EZPay.  If you wish to send a check, please make it out to Rocky River High School and have your child give the check to Mrs. Omahen or Mrs. Rowe (both located in the main office of the high school). 
All of the required athletic forms are in the OneView Parent Portal.  However, if you need to turn in a hard copy, they are below.
Note: This is a fillable form. Download the form, save it to your desktop and then you will be able to fill it out and save it. You will also be able to complete the form for multiple children, retaining common information such as address.